Messages ^0^ ❤

Follow on Bloglovin'!~❤


Monday 25 November 2013

Romantic & Cute Dot Nail Art Tutorial~❤

안녕~
Long time no blog right? Sorry sorry ;3; College has been challenging with its assignments & assessment especially as we start makeup & pedicures this week! So I've been busy just trying to stay a track with everything <丶´Д`>
So this evening, I've found I had no homework so I'm doing something a little bit different!
A nail art tutorial!~

 
I've learned so much already in the nail art world in college & I thought I'd give it a shot for a tutorial that you might like. 
It's cute & simple & has a little romantic touch to it with the deco scallop heart!~ Cute for dates or sweet weekends I think (○´∀`○)
Let's go!~


You will need:-
Nail tips (if you are not doing the nail art on your own fingers)
Orange Stick/ cocktail stick (for the nail tips)
Blu Tack (to stick tip to orange stick)
Nail file 
Dotting tool OR anything like a bobby pin, cocktail stick/old pen etc.
Nail brushes/paint brushes (you can find paint brushes as fine as nail brushes in cheap art stores)
Tweezers or stick to pick up gems.
Old small makeup brush/cotton tips (anything to clear up excess nail polish)
A palette or a piece of card to drip out polishes/mix polish
A dappen dish/pot to hold nail polish remover
Nail Polish remover
Your choice of nail polishes - I recommend having a white polish for this art!(。・ω・。)ノ
 + Base Coat & Top Coat
Nail gems/deco pieces/fimo/stickers - Anything you like!~
 

You can find the heart pieces for cheap on eBay or nail sites - I bought them from my local Anime Shop~


Step 1
If you are using nail tips, I recommend to file away any ridges & file them to your desired shape. I find a round-to-square shape suits this art better.

Step 2
Apply base coat to protect natural nails & prevent staining from the enamels.
I'm using OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Step 3
Apply two coat of white nail polish. This will also lighten any dark polishes & keep the colour true to the bottle.
I used OPI Alpine Snow.
Step 4
Drip some of  the main colour of your nail art on your palette. Dip in your nail brush~
I recommend a thicker striping brush like mine so it will not be too fiddly for beginners.
The pink polish is Collection Hot Looks 60 Seconds Polish in Candy Floss. 
 . . . 

Starting at the bottom side of your nail, carefully paint a thick curve - leaving a half moon section.
Thicken & neaten as you desire~ We will thicken the lower white section later on!~ ^^
Step 5
Fill in the bigger white section with two coats of the main colour - Still leave the half moon at the bottom!
Tidy up around the nails & cuticles with a small brush or cotton tip dipped in nail polish remover as needed.
 Optional
I recommend painting your deco heart the same colour too~
If you do this, remember to paint both sides of the heart~!
Step 6
Paint the half moon white section thicker~ You can keep it rounded if you want to~ (ノ*^▽^)ノ
. . .
Apply a big drip of base coat just off the white section - We do it like this as the heart will go on almost diagonally.  
Now stick your heart piece on carefully as a slightly rotated angle!~ Tap very gently to secure it.
I think the heart looks more interesting when its slightly applied rotated. It covers the nail too without making it look too bare~ Cute right! (○´∀`○)
Don't worry about the gap between the heart! ^ ^ We will fill that in *0*

Step 7
Using the white nail polish, thickly fill in the inside of the heart! Make sure all gaps are filled.
Don't worry about the polish dripping out from the sides~ It shouldn't do that if you put a thick amount of nail polish inside. 
Trust me with this nail art, thick amounts of polish is okay!~ <`∀´>
 . . .
Tidy up the heart by painting over with the main colour again~
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Should look much neat now~

Step 8
Paint on white dots with a big dotting tool!~ I paint them on in diagonal lines as it keeps the nail looking clean - Example:-
. . .

& finally apply a top coat to seal & secure the heart & polish while giving a pretty shine~
I'm using OPI Top Coat.
& your done!~~(。・ω・。)ノ
I think this type of nail art is my favourite to wear & make!~ I hope to make a whole set of them that are natural in length~
They look especially sweet on short nails too - Here's my Mothers:-
Using OPI Alpine Snow & Nature Republic Colorwaltz OR804 Apricot Nude~

I think all colours suit this nail art, especially pastels! I want to make a bright green one too~
I hope you found this tutorial useful!~ I hope you'd like me to share more nail designs with you guys  (´∀`) It's now a hobby of mine next to drawing & writing~

Bye Bye~ I love you all very much for sticking with me!~
I leave you now with some little snaps of me on Saturday afternoon:-

7 comments:

  1. Super cute nails :) I'm such a lazy bum when it comes to nails >< They hardly sell cute nail decos over here, but when I go to Japan I should buy some and give a try to something like that :3
    Cute pics of you too :3 Looks like autumn over there, here it's winter already :D
    x, Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. these nails are so cuute:33
    thanks for the tutorial.

    have a nice day xo
    http://noirekiss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute! I'm not sure if I missed it, but how long did it take you to do include waiting for it to dry? ^^

    http://eyelashforaneyelash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really cute <3

    Makes me want to do some nail art again too... but I am too lazy... it take so much time..

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your nails are cute and kawaii :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute nail design! thanks for sharing. i love seeing how other people design their nails :)

    xoxo Sarah (xlicious girl)
    Japanese Gyaru Makeup Blog
    Circle Lens Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try this! It's so cute!
    http://thebeauteacafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

back to top Back to top